Dear McDonalds Australia,

I wanted to share with you the experience I had attending your restaurant at Bonnyrigg in Western Sydney today.
I chose to do drive through at this particular time as time was of the essence for myself and the family.

Ordering the meal was fine, if not a little funny when requesting a Nugget Happy meal was asked if I want nuggets or cheeseburger. Laughs where had and I ordered a McSpicy as I felt like I needed a little zing with my meal. Paid my money to the lovely attendant and moved to the next window to collect my order.

This is the awesome part.
There was no greeting, no hello.......Nothing.
I was quickly handed one of those new Sprite drinks. I actually thought it was my Strawberry Thickshake and whilst waiting for the rest of my order I took a sip. WOW OH WOW those things are amazing!!

I was then handed an order and was finally acknowledged that I existed with a goodbye. However, this was not my order. Another 2-3 mins passed whilst I tried to get the attention of the person that handed me my meal and when I finally did, she wasn't very focused on delivering good customer service. Not only did she say well this is what you ordered ( Sorry why would I waste more of my time if I had received my order  correctly?) I said no sorry I ordered a McSpicy and a Six nugget Happy Meal. She did some posturing as if I was trying defraud your establishment, before she got the manager or someone who looked like they were more important to sort this out. She clicked some buttons and she said yep there is the order.

Now at this point, I also advised that I had already taken a sip out of that wonderfully mind blowing frozen Sprite and was trying say can I have this instead of the Large thickshake I ordered. I got some more posturing and was told she cant do that. Ok why? I would have swapped. I handed it over and she said its policy. OK I get there is a policy but to waste such a tasty beverage .....

Up until this point I was OK, I know policy is policy. But it also occurred to me that I had NOT received an apology.

I had not received an APOLOGY from either little miss poor attitude that handed me my original non order, or from the manager type person.

NOTHING.

NADA.

ZIP.

So how does one feel when they are firstly treated poorly due to a mistake made through someone else's actions, then to have someone with more authority skip over the same thing and instead of offering goodwill hides behind "POLICY". I mean seriously it would have taken two words to show a little goodwill.

TWO WORDS..... I'm Sorry.

Nothing else. I did not mind I did not get that TASTY TASTY drink. I mean if I was rude and disruptive I would not have spent the time to write this, but I wasn't rude. I wasn't condescending.

I was however taken aback of the poor attitude displayed by the staff.
Maybe they should watch the video "Give them the pickle" from Bob Farrell.

Except here in Australia we get rid of the pickle. It just should not be to the detriment to the customer.

Now I wrote this not because I want free stuff.
I don't want free stuff, I only want to one thing.

An apology.

Nothing else...    

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts